The principle of submission in presented in many different ways in the New Testament.
- – Jesus submitted to His parents (Luke 2:51).
- – Demons submitted to the disciples (Luke 10:17).
- – Citizens should submit to government authority (Romans 13:1 and 5, Titus 3:1, 1 Peter 2:13).
- – The universe will submit to Jesus (1 Corinthians 15:27 and Ephesians 1:22).
- – Unseen spiritual beings submit to Jesus (1 Peter 3:22).
- – Christians should submit to their church leaders (1 Corinthians 16:15-16 and 1 Peter 5:5).
- – Wives should submit to husbands (Colossians 3:18, Titus 2:5, 1 Peter 3:5, and Ephesians 5:22-24).
- – The church should submit to Jesus (Ephesians 5:24).
- – Servants should submit to masters (Titus 2:9 and 1 Peter 2:18).
- – Christians should submit to God (Hebrews 12:9 and James 4:7).
.”Submission involves at least four things.
- First, it begins with an attitude of entrusting oneself to God The focus of our life must be on Jesus Christ.
- Second, submission requires respectful behavior (1Pe 3:1,2). Nagging is not respectful behavior.
- Third, submission involves the development of a godly character (1Pe 3:3-5
- Fourth, submission includes doing what is right (1Pe 3:6). It does not include violating other Scriptural principles. Submission is imperative for oneness in marriage. (Expository Notes)