Today after getting up and getting dress I went to the bakery, picked up Charity’s pay check and went to the bank. Then I went to the church. I was look over come of my sermons from 1994. Made copies of Wednesday night outline from First Peter 2:24.
We had a wonderful service at Rivers of Joy Baptist Church, Minford, Ohio.
THE CROSS AND THE CRUCIFICATION AND THE CAUSE
Charles e Whisnant, Pastor/Teacher
FIRST PETER 2:24
Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.
For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your soul
- John 10:10-29
- Exodus 28:38; t shall be on Aaron’s forehead, and Aaron shall bear any guilt from the holy things that the people of Israel consecrate as their holy gifts. It shall regularly be on his forehead, that they may be accepted before the LORD.
- Psalms 38:4; For my iniquities have gone over my head; like a heavy burden, they are too heavy for me.
- Isaiah 53:4-22 Of course you need to turn to that whole chapter
- Matthew 8:17; This was to fulfill what was spoken by the prophet Isaiah: “He took our illnesses and bore our diseases.” Isaiah 53:4
- John 1:29, 36; The next day he saw Jesus coming to him and said, “Behold, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!
- Hebrew 9:28 so Christ, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time, not to deal with sin but to save those who are eagerly waiting for him. Isaiah 53:8
- just as the Father knows me and I know the Father; and I lay down my life for the sheep.
- John 1:10-29;3:16;
- 1Timothy 2:5, 6;
- 4:10; For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, 6who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the testimony given at the proper time. 7For this I was appointed a preacher and an apostle (I am telling the truth, I am not lying) as a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and truth.
- Hebrews 2:9 and 17. But we see him who for a little while was made lower than the angels, namely Jesus, crowned with glory and honor because of the suffering of death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone. 17 Therefore he had to be made like his brothers in every respect, so that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in the service of God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people.
- Matthew 1:21 She will bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins.”
- Hebrew 7:27 He has no need, like those high priests, to offer sacrifices daily, first for his own sins and then for those of the people, since he did this once for all when he offered up himself Leviticus 9:7 http://biblehub.com/hebrews/7-27.htm
- Deut. 21:21-23 Then all the men of his city shall stone him to death; so you shall remove the evil from your midst, and all Israel will hear of it and fear.“If a man has committed a sin worthy of death and he is put to death, and you hang him on a tree, his corpse shall not hang all night on the tree, but you shall surely bury him on the same day (for he who is hanged is accursed of God), so that you do not defile your land which the LORD your God gives you as an inheritance.
- Read Isaiah 53
- Read John 1:29 The next day he saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!
- Romans 6:1-10
- Isaiah 56 all
- Leviticus 16:21-22 Then Aaron shall lay both of his hands on the head of the live goat, and confess over it all the iniquities of the sons of Israel and all their transgressions in regard to all their sins; and he shall lay them on the head of the goat and send it away into the wilderness by the hand of a man who stands in readiness. 22“The goat shall bear on itself all their iniquities to a solitary land; and he shall release the goat in the wilderness.
- Galatians 3:13 Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us—for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who is hanged on a tree”—
- Revelation 22
- 1Cor 1:18; For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
- Galatians 6:14; But far be it from me to boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.
- Philippians 3:18; For many, of whom I have often told you and now tell you even with tears, walk as enemies of the cross of Christ.
- Colossians 1:20). and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, making peace by the blood of his cross.
- Matthew 10:38; 16:24 And whoever does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me.
- Galatians 5:24 And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
- Mark 15:44 Pilate was surprised to hear that he should have already died. And summoning the centurion, he asked him whether he was already dead.
- John 19:34 But one of the soldiers pierced his side with a spear, and at once there came out blood and water.
- 1Peter 4:1,2; 1Therefore, since Christ has suffered in the flesh, arm yourselves also with the same purpose, because he who has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin, 2so as to live the rest of the time in the flesh no longer for the lusts of men, but for the will of God.
- Romans 6:2,7,11; 7:6; Read
- Colossians 2:20; 3:3; f with Christ you died to the elemental spirits of the world, why, as if you were still alive in the world, do you submit to regulations—
- 2 Corinthians 6:17;Therefore go out from their midst, and be separate from them, says the Lord, and touch no unclean thing; then I will welcome you,
- Hebrews 7:26) For it was indeed fitting that we should have such a high priest, holy, innocent, unstained, separated from sinners, and exalted above the heavens.
- Galatians 2:19-20 For through the Law I died to the Law, so that I might live to God. 20“I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me. 21“I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness comes through the Law, then Christ died needlessly.”
- Romans 7
- Mark 1:15 and saying, “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.”
- Ephesians 2:1 And you were dead in the trespasses and sins
- John 8:36 I speak of what I have seen with my Father, and you do what you have heard from your father.”
- Galatians 5:18
- Romans 8:13 For if you live according to the flesh you will die, but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.
- (Matthew 5:20 For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.
- Luke 1:74,75; grant us that we, being rescued from the hand of our enemies, Might serve Him without fear,75In holiness and righteousness before Him all our days.
- Php 1:11; filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God.
- 1 John 2:29; 3:7) If you know that he is righteous, you may be sure that everyone who practices righteousness has been born of him.
- Isaiah 53:5,6;
- Matthew 27:26; Then he released for them Barabbas, and having scourged Jesus, delivered him to be crucified.
- Mark 15:15; So Pilate, wishing to satisfy the crowd, released for them Barabbas, and having scourged Jesus, he delivered him to be crucified.
- John 19:1, Then Pilate took Jesus and flogged him.
- Psalms 147:3; He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. Job 5:18
- Psalms 6:2, 34:18
- Mal 4:2; But for you who fear my name, the sun of righteousness shall rise with healing in its wings. You shall go out leaping like calves from the stall.
- Luke 4:18; “The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim liberty to the captives and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed,