EARLY YEARS 1963-1966
- In my Dad’s church I was the Youth Teacher of the Teens and young adults: I taught Psalms, and Revelation. The reason I was able to was because Dad had a wonderful library of good books, and he helped me study. I still have those notes today.
SEMINARY YEARS: 1966-1970
- Bible Baptist Seminary in Arlington Texas. I believe I had over 120 hours of study of the Bible.
- 1970-1971 Youth Pastor: taught Youth Class: I still have most of the lessons I taught.
- 1971-1974 Pastor of Madison Baptist Church: Taught the book of Hebrews:: Still have notes.
- 1974-1975 Youth Pastor: General lessons.
- 1975-1976 Educational Director
- 1975-1976 Assoc. Pastor, Educational Pastor, Youth Pastor
- 1978-1980 Went to college to work on my Masters in Education (Hyles-=Anderson campus)
- 1980-1996 Pastor/Teacher of First Baptist Church in Altoona, Kansas
- From 1982 to 1996: Taught: Matthew, Acts, Romans, I Corinthians, Ephesians, Philippians, I Thessalonians, Philemon, I Peter, and Revelation, Daniel, Proverbs and Isaiah.
- Work on a Masters in Church Ministry, (Bethal College) Masters in Theology (Liberty Life Long Learning) and Masters in Biblical Counseling (LLLL)
- 1996-2001 Work in several jobs and taught an Adult Bible Class and six months pastor of two churches for six months.
- 2002-2003 Assoc. Pastor, Adult class
- 2003-2008 Work on a Master in Theology: Monergism.com/ Studied 6-8 hours a day for 4 years
- 2008 to 2014 Pastor/Teacher of Rivers of Joy Baptist Church:
- Romans, I Thessalonians 1, Philippians, I Peter 1, Proverbs to 16, Isaiah to 10, Daniel, and Luke to 4 (present)
- 1982-2014 Shepherd’s Conferences 1982, 1990, 1993 and on line each year.
- 2013 On line classes from Master’s College: John MacArthur and Steven Lawson.
From 1983 to the present: I do 99% expositional teaching of the Bible: Book by book, chapter by chapter and verse by verse, word by word. In the text, read the text, know the text, apply the text.