Charles e Whisnant, Teacher Outline/Notes: April 2013
When the battle is over, the wars there shall come a period of peace. For their weapons will be for burning, their cloths for food. A sign of victory. A high funeral pile to have victory.
Isaiah 9:6: FOR UNTO US A CHILD IS BORN
The O.T. is like a thread that winds itself in and out of each book with a PROMISE AND PROPHECY which stretched on unbroken until the Son of Man comes.
The puzzle map was quickly put together because there was
A PREVISION: There are a far reaching threads, a Sign which has infinite meaning. In a SEED, you have a Harvest.
BRIEF OUTLINE: The Name of the Deliverer
2. God-in-mighty One.
Isaiah could only see to a point: we see the whole picture. He knew the Deliverer and He must filled out this outline to be the predicted Messiah:
- He must fill the imagination.
- He must satisfy the judgment
- He must satisfy the religious instinct.
- He must have a sense of brotherhood.
Christ, the GIFT of God, was sent veiled and wrapped up in our nature:
What A GIFT this was!
1. The worth of it.
The balance of 10,000 words the gift of love and grace
2. The suitableness of it
Acts 4:2; Hebrews 7:25; I John 5:12
3. The Seasonableness of it.
4. The Comprehensiveness of it:
Romans 8:32; Colossians 2:9-10 and I John 5:121
5. The Unrestricted freedom of it. A gift total free to us.
The GOVERNMENT SHALL BE UPON HIS SHOULDER:
Upon Jesus will get to Heaven. He has the power, over all things.
Hebrews 1:6-14; Matthew 28:18 and Psalms 2:6
We have a need for a Governor – As Lost Sinners.
His wise authority:
- Legislative powers – solely His
- Supreme executive power – John 5:22-23
- Power to grant remissions and pardon – Acts 5:31
- Vast dominion – Matthew 28:18,m Revelation 1:18 over Heaven and Hell.
He has in His Hands
- The Kingdom of Grace.
- The Kingdom of Glory:
- The Kingdom of Providence
The Burden of His Government
- To purchase it.
- To war with the devil to recover it.
- To subdue sinners.
- To reconcile them with Heaven
- To protect and defend them
- To give provision in all things necessary for life and godliness.
- To have wise/whole management and conduct as they come through the wilderness, till they come into Heaven.
The Setting and Occasion for this Prince and Government
- Sinners need.
- The laying of this Government upon Him
- The power and authority laid upon Him.
- The burden of His government.
- The Receiving of the Governor of the Government
1B Let His Spirit be your guide and leader 2B Let His Word be your Rule. 3B Let His will be the determining point to you.
IN RECEVING THE CALL OF CHRIST YOU RECEIVE CHRIST
1B Receive him in your heart and spirit. 2B in your tongue. 3B in your practice. 4b in your place and condition in the world. Be content what’s carved out in you. 5b never go out of God’s way to mend your condition. 6b In changing your condition in life acknowledge Him for direction and guidance.
JESUS IS WONDERFUL In character, teaching and mission.
- 1. For what He has been in the past
- 2. For the incarnation.
- 3. Trace the Savior’s course and all the way He is Wonderful.
- 4. For what He is in the present
- 5. For what He will be in the future
JESUS IS COUNSELLOR: Management in all matters.1. On all advice we can act.
- On all advice we can act.
- A member of the cabinet-council of Heaven.
- Of the church, by His word.
- Full of wisdom: Proverbs 8; 1 Timothy 2:5-6; Psalms 49:7-8, Proverbs 11:14; Romans 11:34
- Who never misses the point.
- By His Word, confirms it by His providence, makes it effectual by His Spirit.
- Communicating His wisdom by wise instruction.
- It’s necessary, its needful, and its special.
JESUS IS THE MIGHTY ONE
1 The Irradiator i.e. He who gives light to men
- The Irradiator: i.e. He who give light to men
- The Illustrious: i.e. The Brightand Shining One
- He is God: i.e. He freed us from the bondage of sin.
- Why? He bare our sins. He wrought out a perfect righteousness, He converts the hardest heart. He supports the feeblest with grace. How? By His Grace. Binds up with His own hand, by His own spirit, with His own blood,
- He raised the dead, judges the world, destroy sin, gives eternal possession of Himself.\
JESUS THE EVERLASTING ONE
- The tender, faithful, and wise trainer, guardian, provider of His one in eternity
- He ever lives, He is life, He ever loves: Psalms 102:25-27; Hebrews 1:10-12
- The Possessor, originator, controller in all the eternal age.
- The administration of its whole affairs is in His hand.
Jesus, our LORD ever shall be….