Above it stood seraphim; each one had six wings: with two he covered his face, with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew. 3 And one cried to another and said:
“ Holy, holy, holy is the LORD of hosts;
The whole earth is full of His glory!”
4 And the posts of the door were shaken by the voice of him who cried out, and the house was filled with smoke.
5 So I said:
“ Woe is me, for I am undone!
Because I am a man of unclean lips,
And I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips;
For my eyes have seen the King,
The LORD of hosts.”
6 Then one of the seraphim flew to me, having in his hand a live coal which he had taken with the tongs from the altar. 7 And he touched my mouth with it, and said:
“ Behold, this has touched your lips;
Your iniquity is taken away,
And your sin purged.”
A time of adoring will not lead to a barren life. But cause us to “fly” engage in active of the Lord. Take our eyes off the world and placed on our Lord, you go to the closet and the sanctuary and you will spring forth in devotion, and active service.
Devotion comes out of adoration. A sense of deep awe, which comes from a sense of God’s transcendent excellence.
The essence of true worship: Being drawn closer to God: The object of worship: is not to please God, totally, but coming into His presence, we may be ransformed into His image, as we learn of his ways and work.
These angels: were offering up praise, being conscious of no audience. But were entirely absorbed in adoring together, in exchanging with each other their divine thoughts and emotions. But in so doing, in the intense enthusiasm it overflow upon spectators.
- Expression of humility.
- Self-discipline of their own purpose
- Swift in execute the errands of Jehovah.
The Essence of True Worship: Being drawn closer to God.
Speaks of power, active, obedience. One who is not idle, but standing, alert, watching, waiting for commandments, eager to work. While at other times devoted, reverent of Him.
“The flaming, or burning one.
- Flashing with splendor
- Full of swift energy
- Glowing with love
- Blazing with enthusiasm
- Joyous, buoyant, easy, unhindered motion
= RESULTS OF STANDING CLOSE TO THE LORD.
+ The experience of God’s grace, pardon, forgiveness, redemption is cause for our service to Him
HOLY, HOLY, HOLY
Holiness of God entitles Him to supreme love, confidence and worship
All that God does is HOLY. Completeness. Separate.
The whole earth is full of His glory
- Angels see the working of God’s glory, grace, mercy, love, to mankind on earth.
And the whole temple shook because the power of God is on display.
Then he said I, Woe Is Me! 5-8
- Every man’s course is shaped by the view that he forms of the supreme ruler. If he has no view, he has no principles, and he is living either in anarchy or in slavery to some other mind.
- The turning point of the consciousness: = conversion. New insights changes the soul, gives an impulse that never loses its force. “Mind eyes have seen the King.”
- Stage One: Unenlightened.
- Stage Two: He receive light.
- Stage Three: He sees the exists of God everywhere.
THE VISION OF GOD PRODUCES:
- Sense of personal sin
- Quickens the sense of social sin.
- Brings to bear upon the life a purifying power
- Gives life a purpose and a mission.
The need of being filled with a vision of God
- Man’s extremity is God’s opportunity. When man reaches the end of their own resources, it is God’s opportunity.
Isaiah saw God (in the spiritual sense)
- You see His holiness.
- You see your sinfulness.
- You put your faith in His grace.
- You see cleansing, purity.
- You seek then to serve Him and mankind.
- Saw: The Lord sitting on a throne
- Felt: He had sinned.
- Heard: God say “I need somebody to preach.”
- Said: Here am I.
THERE COMES A MOMENT I BELIEVE that there is this sudden conversion, as by a flash, a light, in the moment of hearing a sermon, reading a verse in the Bible that had a immediate effect and alarms your soul, and brings your mind to His mind the vastness and majesty of the true Sovereign.
THE LIVE COAL FROM THE ALTER: The applying the heat from the altar
- Purged his lips.
- Cleansed his iniquity.
- Fitted him for the work in which he was called.
Why is there a need for cleansing? The uncleanness of your nature needs it.
- When you are brought to the point in your life, that you see the awfulness of sin, in that it is offense to God’s holiness and you seek purity, that is at the point you can be saved. Perfect salvation through the Lord Jesus Christ.